Following fibroblast treatment, most people experience a mild burning sensation similar to sunburn which resolves after a couple of hours.
✓ Depending upon your own sensitivity tolerance this discomfort may last a little longer. If you feel particularly uncomfortable anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen can be taken. (Obviously ensure this is compatible with any other prescribed meditation you may be taking).
✓ As a natural healing response, it is usual for the treated area to become swollen, especially around the more delicate areas such as the eyes.
✓ Once again this can vary depending upon your natural rate of recovery; however, most people find it only usually lasts few days.
✓ In extreme cases, (especially if client has failed to follow after care advice), the swelling can last several days and may initially interfere with vision.
✓ Once again anti-inflammatory medication and/or anti-histamine may help.
✓ Clients often find application of ice packs not only soothes but helps reduce swelling.
✓ Initially after treatment and for a day or so afterwards, there may be occasional weeping. This is simply plasma (YOUR SKINS PROTECTION) and is a natural healing response.
✓ As the treated area begins to heal, you will notice its drying out process, a brown / black crust develops upon the surface of the skin.
✓ This simply flakes off after a few days but in some cases, can take over 2 weeks. ✓ DO NOT pick at this crusting as it can lead to infection or scarring. Likewise, it is important to keep the treated area clean and dry.
✓ If out and about, we advise coverage of a high factor sunscreen to avoid sun burn as the area’s sensitivity to sunlight will be heightened. For up to 3 months
✓ Luke warm boiled water is best for cleaning the treated area, do not use alcohol based cleansers or apply a plasters / or occlusive dressing as this will interfere and slow down the healing process.
✓ Providing you listen carefully and follow closely all aftercare advice you should soon be enjoying your new look. However, if at any time the treated area becomes hot, red or shows signs of pus, please contact me for advice as you may be developing an infection.
✓ For optimum results, more than one treatment is usually needed which can be completed from around 6 weeks and 12 weeks onwards.
To briefly recap: Following PLASMA BLAST treatment, it is important to following closely the following aftercare advice:
* Burning sensation will soon reduce
* Anti-inflammatory / anti histamine medication can help
* You may have some swelling especially around the eyes
* Swelling usually only lasts a few days
* Ice packs can soothe and help reduce swelling
* Occasional weeping will settle
* Formation of brown / black crusts on skin surface
* DO NOT pick!
* Crusts will slough off in few days
* Keep treated area clean and dry
* Clean using Luke warm boiled water
* Avoid alcohol based cleanses
* Use sunscreen if out and about
* Do not cover with plasters or occlusive dressing
* Contact me for advice if area becomes hot, red or weeping pus
* Treatment Review from 6 weeks and then again in 12 weeks if required for further sessions